In the few days leading up to one of America’s biggest holidays: Black Friday, the phenomenon that draws everybody to their electronics right after they’re done with (or sometimes while) overeating turkey and candied yams, I am going to release a couple of gift-giving guides for everybody. There are in fact some amazing sex toy sales coming our way. And sometimes the choices can be overwhelming. Other times, we can get tricked into buying cheap and useless crap, especially if the particular sex toy shop we’re purchasing from is selling porous toys as well. Often jelly, rubber, TPR and TPE toys can be purchased literally for a couple of bucks, but I will try to give you a few body-safe suggestions regardless of your budget. A lot of these you will be able to purchase with huge discounts, so stay tuned and refresh my BLACK FRIDAY SALES PAGE often in the next few days.
This particular guide is going to feature toys you can buy for your partner, if they have a penis. I currently don’t have a whole lot penis or prostate toy reviews, so I wanted to make things right. If you have a partner who has a vulva, you might wanna check out vol 2 of this guide: Gift-Giving Guide: What to Get Your Partner if They Have a Vulva?
Each category starts with the cheapest toys. Note that these are retail prices and don’t include any Black Friday discounts, or any of the discounts my coupon codes give you.
Note: Why am I using “penis” and “penis-owners” instead of men, guys, boyfriend or dudes. Because not all people who have penises identify as “male” and I want to focus on the equipment we have, instead of our gender identities. So yes, if you do happen to have a boyfriend or a husband, who’s cis-gender (their assigned sex at birth matches their gender identity: born with penis, identifies as “male”) that’s the right guide for you. If you have a trans pre-op girlfriend, a lot of these are going to work for you as well. I am also going to try make this guide as non-hetero normative as possible. Yes, dildos are not just for vaginas, they can go in butts too! (Even if you’re not gay!)
The mainstream media is often trying to convey that “porn is for guys and sex toys are for gals”. They brainwash us that the sex toy industry only caters to those with vulvas. That is not only completely false, but you will get surprised by how many choices there are when it comes to toys designed for penis-owners. Hell, some of the coolest new toys this year were ones that go on dicks! (Woot-woot Hot Octopuss!)
The world of penis strokers, sleeves, or masturbators is immense. The shapes and the designs have evolved greatly too. Open-ended sleeves, or ones that look like a cup, taco-like strokers, vibrating or non-vibrating. Their price-range starts at less than $10 and goes all the way to around $150 for the most sophisticated ones. Don’t forget to always use lube with all of these!
10. Hot Octopuss Pulse II Solo for $99 from Good Vibrations. If you want to splurge this toy has received some of the most rave reviews and has a really unique technology. It’s a vibrating masturbator that features penile vibrations and oscillations. It also look pretty damn cool.
Cock Rings are super fun to use. The choices are mind-blowing. Single or double, vibrating or non-vibrating, stretchy or not, silicone or metal. In the following round up I’ve only featured silicone cock rings, because they’re easier to use. Metal or wooded rings are for far more advanced users, because they’re completely stiff. Cock rings help you keep the blood in your penis and make your erection harder, longer lasting and bigger. Have you always wanted that veiny big cock that looks like it’s about to blow up? Cock rings are your solution. They can have only one strap and if they’re smaller, they can go only around the penis, while bigger single rings can be stretched around the balls and the cock at once. Always place these when the penis is still flaccid. Vibrating cock rings can be equally pleasurable for both parties. Stick to positions that allow you to have the vibrating bullet on the clitoris: cowgirl or missionary work great.
1. Tantus Super Soft C-Ring for $10.99 from Tantus. A super simple silicone ring that can be stretched around the penis and the balls. Beginners friendly.
2. Optimale Thick Silicone Cock Ring for $12 from Peepshowtoys. This one is pretty similar to the Tantus C-ring.
3. Fifty Shades of Grey Adjustable Cock Ring $14.99 from Lovehoney. Adjustable silicone rings are a great solution to beginners or shopping online, since they can be customized and tightened up much more easily. They can also be pulled out right away, even with a hard-on, while most of the others can only be taken off after you lose your erection.
4. Set of 3 Optimale Thick Silicone Cock Rings for $22 from Peepshowtoys. A set of different sizes is great for beginners, since it’s always recommended to start off with something bigger and more flexible and maybe move to a smaller ring once you’re used to placing it and taking it off.
5. Optimale Vibrating Cock Ring for $25 from Peepshowtoys. This battery-operated single ring comes are a really good price. It has several vibration modes and speeds and it’s pretty easy to operate.
6. Tantus C-Sling for $34.64 from Tantus. This sling-style cock ring applies pressure on the perineum. While fucking, it’s going to rock back and forth and massage the prostate on the outside.
7. Optimale Vibrating Double Cock Ring for $35 from Peepshowtoys. This is a double cock ring – one of the rings goes around the penis, while the bigger ring goes around the balls. One of the bullets is placed on the perineum, for prostate stimulation, and the other one is great for clitoral stimulation. Each of the bullets is battery operated, can be removed and has multiple speeds. Read my full review here.
8. Tantus Vibrating Super Soft C-Ring for $39.90 from Tantus
9. Tenga Smart Vibe Ring for $79.99 from Shevibe. If you know that you like cock rings and are ready to invest into a stronger, rechargeable and higher quality ring.
10. Je Joue Mio Rechargeable Cock Ring for $109 from Good Vibrations.
Vibrations can feel amazing when applied externally on the shaft of the penis, on the frenulum and the head, or on the balls and the perineum! One can use an smaller (or big!) wand-stile vibrator on the scrotum while performing a blow job, or a hand job. A lot of men love masturbating with these: simply hold the vibe against your balls while you’re stroking yourself. Something great about this category is that all of these vibes can be shared by both partners! And as you will see from the next category, these can be repurposed and made even more versatile with the help of good attachments.
1. Shibari Halo Wand for $54.99 from Shevibe. This one is rechargeable, water-proof and body safe. What else can one need from a wand? Only downside is that the Magic Wand attachments won’t fit on this one.
2. Magic Wand Original (aka Hitachi) for $59.95 from Good Vibrations. This one is an icon. If you are looking for maximum power and don’t mind the cord, go for it. Its only downsides are the porous head of the toy and the only two speeds that might be too overwhelming for some folks. Fits all Magic Wand attachments.
3. BMS PalmPower Wand Massager for $69 from Peepshowtoys. Another body-safe option with a removable silicone head. It even has a rechargeable version for the same price! You can purchase additional attachments for this one, but your Magic Wand attachments won’t fit. Another body-safe option with a removable silicone head. It even has a rechargeable version for the same price! You can purchase additional attachments for this one, but your Magic Wand attachments won’t fit.
4. Jimmyjane Iconic Wand for $74.99 form Shevibe. This multi-speed, waterproof rechargeable wand is a top pick of many. Again the Magic Wand attachments won’t fit on it though.
5. Mystic Wand Rechargeable for $95.95 from Good Vibrations. As I mention in my review of this wand, it’s less powerful than the Magic Wand Original, but that’s what makes a some penis-owners like it. It’s smaller and lighter, easier to hold and it’s not as overwhelming. It’s rechargeable, but if you run out of battery, you can use it plugged in the cord. It’s really sleek and pretty. No attachments.
8. Magic Wand Rechargeable for $124.95 from Peepshowtoys. What can I say? The updated cordless version of the Magic Wand Rechargeable is pretty awesome. The battery holds up to 4.5 hrs, the head is silicone, it has several speeds to fit everybody’s needs. And all of the attachments meant for the Magic Wand Original fit on it.
9.Tantus Rumble for $129.99 from Tantus. The Tantus Rumble is the first vibrator created with every body in mind. It’s a completely gender neutral vibrator, that is super hygienic, has a silicone head, that can be removed and properly cleaned. And it’s feather light! Magic Wand Attachments don’t really work with it, but Tantus sells attachments that fit Rumble. Read my full review here.
10. Doxy Die Cast for $189.99 from Shevibe. This one is simply the best and strongest wand on earth. Find out why.
Magic Wand Attachments
Something great about Doxy and the Magic Wand Original or Rechargeable is that they can be turned into so many other things. Just place one of the following attachments and enjoy your wand in a completely new way. Again: lube is mandatory!
1. The Hummingbird Masturbator Attachment for $23.99 from Shevibe. This is a masturbation sleeve that goes on top of your wand. It’s the best thing since sliced bread. It can make even a flaccid penis ejaculate, and it’s great for folks with ED, but even if you have no problem maintaining a full erection, this attachment is going to give you the sensation of a masturbation sleeve and the strong wand vibrations at once. Keep in mind that this attachment is porous, so you might wanna replace it after a couple of months.
2. The Pop Tops Silicone G-Spotter for $40 from Good Vibrations. This g-spot attachment can be used anally for prostate play.
3. The Vixen Gee Whiz Attachment for $56.99 from Shevibe. Another super cool silicone g-spot attachment that can take anal play into the next level.
Prostate toys are a great way to discover your prostate. Prostate massage is not only pleasurable, but also helps prevent prostate cancer. Oh, and did I mention that you can enjoy hands-free orgasms lasting minutes with most of these?
1. Nexus Glide Prostate Massager for $35.99 from Shevibe
2. Aneros Eupho Classic for $50 from Good Vibrations
3. Lelo Bob Prostate Massager for $59 from Shevibe
4. Rude-Boy Intense Vibrating Prostate Massager by Rocks-Off for $59.99 from Shevibe
5. Tantus Prostate Play Vibrating for $71.40 from Tantus
6. Njoy Pfun Plug for 89.90 from Peepshowtoys
7. Njoy Fun Wand for $95 from Peepshowtoys
10. Nexus Revo 2 Rotating Vibrating Prostate Massager for $149.99 from Shevibe.This is a really high-quality multi-speed rechargeable prostate toy that has rave reviews.
2. Fun Factory Flexi Felix Anal Beads for $34.99 from Shevibe
5. Vibrating Progressive Beads for $58.00 from Tantus
10. Rimming Plug by b-Vibe (remote controlled) for $150 from Good Vibrations. This large plug has two motors: the one at the tip has vibrations, while the one in the neck of the plug rotates! Find out more about it here.
Pegging Kits, Harnesses and Dildos
Luckily anal play is becoming less and less of a taboo. A number of hetero couples are dipping their toes into pegging: when the female partner uses a strap on to penetrate the male anally. Pegging can be super fun, but remember to always start small, be patient, communicate with your partner and use a lot of lube. Here are a couple of suggestions for harnesses, strap-on kits or dildos that are good for pegging.
Another way you can use harnesses in your sex life is for double penetration. #10 on the list is a double harness: your partner can have their penis outside, and use a dildo as well to double penetrate you vaginally and anally at the same time. So fun! Or you can use a double ended toy, such as #8 Share Vibe, and enjoy g-spot stimulation while penetrating him anally.
10. Spareparts Deuce Harness for $134.95 from Peepshowtoys
Kegels for Penises
1. She Comes First: The Guide To Pleasuring A Woman by Ian Kerner
2. Opening Up: A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships by Tristan Taormino
3. The Ultimate Guide To Prostate Pleasure: Erotic Exploration For Men And Their Partners by Charlie Glickman
4. 50 Shades of Kink: An Introduction to BDSM by Tristan Taormino
5. Ultimate Guide To Sex After 50 by Joan Price